Non-Members $99 / Members $79
Learn the basics of design and safe operation for the Koike Aronson ShopPro™ Plasma Cutting Table. This high performance CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machine allows the user to cut steel and other metal materials with precision and accuracy.
The workshop is in two parts:
10:30 – 12:00 PM Introduction to FlashCut CNC CAD/CAM Software
- Very basic explanation of how 2D vector files differ from 2D image files
- Show how to import art into FlashCut CNC software
- Show FlashCut CNC toggles between CAD, CNC and CAM
12:00 – 1:30 PM Demo & Operator Basics For ShopPro™ CNC Plasma Cutting Table
- Power up
- Run demo of FlashCut driving the CNC Machine
- Choosing consumables, amperage based on materials
- Homing the machine
- Z touch-offs and where X and Y is, using laser pointer
- Setting up Lead-ins and lead-outs
- Power down and clean up
You do not have to be a member to take this workshop. Please sign up on our website at the link below and pay tuition if you wish to attend. No experience required. Please note that MakerspaceCT's Metal Shop is an 18+ space.
In order to comply with physical distancing and occupancy requirements, this program is currently limited to no more than three (3) participants at a time.
In response to COVID-19, we have developed SAFESHOP, a proactive program that follows State of Connecticut public health guidelines provided by the DECD for keeping attendees of MakerspaceCT's programs healthy and safe. Learn more about the program here.